Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-19, 04:18   Link #1958
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
@ Narona :
Do girls really like those kind of long boring phrases? .
I don't know all the girls in France, i can only talk about the girls I know, and the cases I know, but a girl who is really in love will most likely like to hear that from her lover. (actually, you can even find something even more cheesy you know).

I don't see many girls wanting to hear "Hey ma cocotte, tu es aussi bonne que la dernière bière belge et j'ai autant envie de me marier avec toi que d'aller voir le match de foot Real de Madrid VS Milan AC!" instead

No, just no...

Quote:
I wonder if (pardon me, I just picked this out of a French dict with some help from BBF) :

vous êtes la chose la plus mignonne que j'ai jamais placé mes yeux dessus

works
Correction: "Vous/tu ("Vous" if you just met the girl, "tu" if you already know her or if she's already your GF) êtes/es la fille/femme/personne (don't use "chose", it means "a thing", and a girl would not like to hear hat she's just "thing" , use "personne" (person) or "girl" or "woman" instead) la plus belle/mignonne que j'ai rencontrée (you can also replace it by (more romantic) "qui ait croisé mon regard".)

That depends if you use it as a sentence to try to pick up a girl, or if you say that to your girlfriend. I'd say it can work as a "pick up" sentence, but not all the time (depends on the girl's character), and works better if you alreday know the girl (that's a good sentence before adding "j'aimerais sortir avec toi" (i'd like to date you)) edit: forgot to add, and it has to be sincere from you, always be careful about what you say

Can work if the girl is your GF.

Last edited by Narona; 2009-10-19 at 04:41.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote