Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-21, 06:24   Link #5540
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm not blaming everything on the US government. Yes the anti-American sentiments have fostered in the hearts and minds of outsiders for decades, both deservingly and undeservingly. The problem becomes when people start thinking that they have no involvement in the causation of the problems at hand that the problems get worse and start instigating "solutions" when they clearly do not truly understand the root of the issue. The purported solutions themselves become confounders to the problem and further add fuel to the fire. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, I suppose.

I don't know enough about American government and foreign policy to know just what the hell was going on in their minds when they gave to go signal for the tanks to roll in, but personally over the years I just saw that if the Bush administration did have good intentions then they still haven't made it real that now Obama inherited a big problem. I'd say it's both a problem of understanding how to deal with the people they're helping and not knowing how to cull the weeds at the root.