View Single Post
Old 2011-02-16, 12:28   Link #21950
RockReborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
It's entirely possible. What little Tohya seems to remember of his own escape, as far as I can tell, he doesn't mention anyone else being involved. He can remember a vague memory like underground tunnels, or a boat, but not that he was with someone? That would be very convenient amnesia.

On the other hand, why would Battler have a Beatrice delusion at all? Battler doesn't know Beatrice that well anyway. Mind, the whole thing could be a metaphor. Then Battler doesn't need to have seen anything.
Clearly, Beatrice was one of those inflatable dolls that really desperate guys get as sex toys. Shannon made it for him after determining at the age of 12 that he would never get a girlfriend, and made the blow-up doll as a result. Battler loved the doll, but the rest of the family did not approve. So he killed them. Tohya doesn't mention the doll because, well, would you in his shoes? "Oh, I escaped the island with my blow-up waifu, but she got knocked into the ocean and I got brain damage trying to save her."
RockReborn is offline   Reply With Quote