View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 06:59   Link #23396
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
That doesn't beat my argument that IB is not Othinus's top priority though.
I mean, I can ask the same type of question in: why hadn't she waited until Touma had destroyed the sword, instead of arriving there first to destroy the sword in person? Or I can say, she can come in anytime during the entire Baggage City arc, but what motivated Othinus to finally do something is Marian going nuts.
I won't say she has absolutely no concern over IB, but it certainly is not something that is high on her priority list.
I maybe explained myself a little bad. Why I tried to say was that IB was also a concern for Othinus and she didn't dismiss Touma and the Invisible thing until after beating them both. She didn't know how powerful the Invisible thing and actually is dissapointed at how easily she destroys it. Thus Touma's idea of feeding Gremlin rumors about IB to convince Othinus he's a bigger threat she should deal with before contininuying her plans is a valid one. It may haven't worked but it could have avoided a few messes later on.

And to your question of why she didn't wait until after Touma destroyed Dainsleif to attack him I'm as clueless as you are, and the answer is probably rule of cool, it'd be much more threatening for her to appear out of nowhere and crush Touma's hand as he reaches for the sword than simply just appearing in front of him afterwards thanking him for doing her work and pwning him. Truthfully, I think both options would have worked well, only Kamachi knows why she acted like that.