View Single Post
Old 2006-04-28, 10:24   Link #265
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
only 3 places and too many favorites ...
Trust me. I know exactly how that feels.. Haha. Don't have a favourite character from tMoHS. Yet. But doubt I'll choose one. This just isn't a series to take seriously imo = meaning, I wont ponder too much over choosing a favourite char. I like all of them so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
I connected with Kyon more than any other character. He speaks out exactly how I felt as an audience which... gave such depth for me as a viewer. His window into the madness of it all justs leaves me wanting more... whether it be hearing him fuss over Haruhi's self-centered rants or his sigh of defeat over the ludacrous reality he faces.

How about everyone else?
I wholly agree. His narrative is what keeps the show going. (literally, too! )

Actually why I think he's so special to the audience is pretty much because out of all the madcap+moe characters, he is the normal one, the "real" one that we can identify with. In fact, and like you implied, I think that the watcher is pretty much reflected in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
The seiyuus in this show are really the intellectual cream of the crop. Minori's diary has been published in book form. And Hirano Aya (Haruhi) is not only a university student, but also a classically-trained singer. And she's only 18.
Drool...