View Single Post
Old 2006-12-05, 18:30   Link #63
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Well I see what you're saying, but I like to operate with the principle that people act according to their best interests. That is if its to your advantage to use a technique you use it. There have been a million situations where it there were 100 points in favor of kakashi using the hiraishin and zero points against, yet he didn't use it. A good example would be when he was rushing to save naruto and sasuke from killing each other but got there late and sasuke escapted. If he knew that jutsu, then he would have used it. Or in the zabuza fight it would have been useful. The point is, if your life is in danger or someone elses life is in danger you typically do everything you can regardless of the risk (ie kakashi using the MS despite the chakra drain and so on). Against deidara it'd have been handy. Why use the MS if he has hiraishin in his back pocket? Against itachi early on, why swim to rescue kurenai? Just use hiraishin. Why rush to get to sand village? Just use hiraishin. And so on.

I think since so far kakashi very well most likely doesn't know it. Now for his revelation of rasengan its different as rasengan isn't probably all that much more useful than any of his other techniques. Its understandable if he chooses not to use it. Its not understandable if kakashi chooses not to use hiraishin. Its only logical to conclude that he doesn't know it.

In addition, for this reason I kinda doubt if kakashi can use shika's shadow bind. People say he can but I'm dubious. The reason is, quite simple, shadow bind is the most useful technique shown in the series. I'd out hiraishin even 2nd to it. Kakashi has had time and time again where it was to his advantage to use it if he knew it and yet he didnt.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote