Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll iDOLM@STER the anime (and spin-offs)
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-18, 01:58   Link #271
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
They who scream the loudest often hides the most revolting.

[damagecontrol] Now, before anyone goes to click the [Search] bar... I said often. [/damagecontrol]

But really... with the matter of the Producer, it's impossible to satisfy everyone.

People will call foul in introducing a male producer to begin with, just because... male producer in a flock of beautiful idols. Nevermind what kind of role he plays.

If he's too assertive, alpha and 'character-rich' , fans would complain that he's consuming the presence in a show about the girls.

f he's a balanced 'there to support the foundation, but nothing else' low-key character like he is two episodes in....he'd be 'so-called' boring and lack character. Some may say a foundation-support character needs to show the savvyness to mold the characters... but he must be realistically driven as well, and cannot afford to be the Mary Sue who knows the solution to all problems. He's a rookie producer, not some super producer brought in.

If he's a harem lead loser... IdolM@ster Break's there for you.

If the Producer is introduced merely as a first-person POV with no dialogue like ep1... there'd be complaints since then, the story pretty much only appeals to 100% pure adaption die-hards, but sacrifices animation context in the making.

As for having no male producer at all... yes, that is a possibility.

However, ep1 and 2 asserts enough that part of the character's traits and developmental hurdles... require the presence of a male to help accentuate their growth.

Makoto with her desire to be more feminine. Yukiho with her male-phobia. Azusa and her... that person. Maybe more too in other characters we've yet to see. These are traits that are hard to bring out if the series tries to forcefully exclude the P-san factor.

Actually, I wasn't referring to the Producer... I was referring to Touma

And this time, they're using pigeon blood... Yeah, I don't know how that works either...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote