Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-06, 09:54   Link #1741
Nosauz

I'm sorry but if your a chinese going to japanese, its easy, because those changes in kanji pronunciation are hold backs from the chinese system, hence that level is cleared. And if you understand english/romance languages conguation is not a problem. See also chinese speaking/reading also revolves around intonation, out right stating one language is harder than another is just a fallacy. Its to make ones epeen look good. I will give you that japanese is hard to learn, but so is korean. Chinese is really difficult because not only do you have the vast system of words, but you also 55 regional ethnic groups who also adapt the language to their needs. The vast size of china, and the sheer amount of people speaking different variants makes chinese hard, this doesn't even account for mandarin and cantonese speaking which in itself is really difficult. To "master" chinese would take 2-3 lifetimes, and the same goes for any complex language system. My point is don't just say japanese is harder you really can't compare apples to oranges.