Thread: Licensed Strike Witches 2
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-27, 01:40   Link #50
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Shimada Fumikane's character designs are the heart of the show, and it's very origin. You can't change that without tearing out it's soul.
So apparently not blatantly objectifying underage girls would "tear out the shows soul"... yeah sorry not buying that for a moment.

Quote:
It's not just about the story or characters. It's about the whole aesthetic/setting/world of the show.
Yeah I like allot of that too, but I don't consider woman running around in there underwear to be anything like a vital part of it. I think it scares off possible viewers and gives the show a reputation as nothing but mindless and blatant fan service. It's a disservice to the above mentioned aesthetic/setting/world that really could be taken seriously, if it would just take ITSELF a wee bit more seriously.

I like allot of the same stuff you mentioned above and for many of the same reasons, but when it comes to the pantlessness and some of the more eye roll inducing fan service... It's just blatant and ugly pandering to me. You're never going to convince me that it has some kind of artistic merit or reason to be included beyond a craven appeal to the most base instincts of viewers at the expense of more interesting aspects of the show (like the comedy, plot, setting, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
They added skirts !?
Fan photoshop.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2010-06-27 at 01:55.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote