View Single Post
Old 2006-05-11, 14:09   Link #104
haruhiko

My top 5 in no particular order.

Haibane Renmei
I have a soft spot for Haibane Renmei, the series is far from perfect but I love it! Haibane Renmei has memorable characters with great character development; the story is compelling and has the most original premise. All in 12 episodes. You do need a certain anount of patience as the pace is very slow in the first half.

Kino no Tabi
Kino no tabi is a masterpiece that more people need to watch. The sheer intelligence and humanity of Kino no Tabi makes this show my absolute favourite. Kino is the best female character to walk the face of anime.

Mushishi
Kino travels and meet people, Ginko travels and meet people affected by Mushi. 'Nuff said.

Planetes
What Lost said. I feel so guilty for letting it collect cyber dust for a year before watching it..

Now and Then, Here and There
This show touched me so deeply, the story was brutal, heartbreaking and extremely touching.

Texhnolyze
Another one of those anime set in a post apocalyptic world. It's robots against men, only not. This is a thought-provoking, surreal and violent anime. The ending was confusing for me, apparently the subs left out a crucial bit. Will definitely be rewatching this with pleasure.

Hunter x Hunter
Best shounen anime evar.

Honorary mentions based on their manga, I do intend to watch them one day.
Berserk and Monster

*coughican'tpick5*