View Single Post
Old 2011-10-22, 21:19   Link #135
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I have a lot of those, let's see...

A pathetic main character - almost all recent action animes have a crybaby for a main hero. Notable examples are Deadman Wonderland and Mirai Nikki. I could relate with ganta at first but when he kept beong the same all 12/13 episodes it was just damn irritating. Just what is authors problem?! It isn't that hard to make a decent character who still can develop! After all we have so many cool side characters who also change and develop during the story! If you want a pathetic main character then at least make him progress isntead of being stuck in his pathetic mode throughtout 3/4 of the show!
I was really hoping that Ganta would man up after what he has been through with Deadman Wonderland. It only happened once, and it contradicts with your random power up cliche hate. He's personally experienced all these psychologically turning events while inside this criminal asylum that would surely just love to pit him in an arena to die for entertainment. Yet he still has this "Save me!" attitude.

Quote:

Totally clueless characters
- those are mostly in school romance/harem shows. The girl is litterally going for mau heroes dick and he still doesn't get that she likes him! A notable example was Kampfer, I have never seen a bigger idiot than him -_-
Almost 90% of characters in Reborn series are 2 dimensional and abnormally stupid. It took Yamamaoto about 50-790 episodes to understand that it was not a game but real thing, just how damn dumb do you have to be?!
Its all part of the main character's plan... Pretend to be dense, but when the time is right and enough heroines are generated. Create the ultimate harem!! Fwahahaha~ (but yes, an even worse example is Ichika from Infinite Stratos)

Quote:
Random power ups - don't even get me started on this. The hero is getting his/her ass kicked and then out of thin air the main character pulls out some random power that totally destroys the bad guy in a second! Where is logic and consistence in that? What is so wrong for main character to lose or get help?! Almost every shounen has this problem.
The moment the main character gets help in a shounen against the bad guy. Is the moment everyone's opinion about that main character is brought down (example would be Ichigo from Bleach before he went to the Vasto Lord's base. Where he kept getting beat up from Grimmjow, some other person I cant remember)