View Single Post
Old 2012-07-24, 04:08   Link #14
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoirsp View Post

Well, based on VN adaptation trends, route specific content doesn't usually manifest until say an episode 5, 6, or 7. By 8 or 9 you're guaranteed something.
You mean aside from Satsuki's bad relationship with Hazuki, which is already shown so early. I don't think Satsuki appeared that much before the actual elections, so the anime has to compensate it somehow.

Quote:
I personally did find it weird that not much about the distaste of chocolate was emphasized, or what Oojima actually wants normally (love/girlfriend) because the student council running is more like "event triggering" that even he initially didn't want (as opposed to a nice/destined girlfriend/love which he clearly wouldn't mind).
Spoiler for spoiler:

So in matter of fact, i don't think Chisato had that much less screentime compared to the VN, but some of her hints were more subtile in the anime.

Quote:
If I recall though, Koichoco's greatest strength was in its watercolor drawing, as opposed to its writing. Seems an acceptable level from what I read on reviews, but far from perfect or ideal. (Lol or Chisato being required to be finished first on the first playthrough).
I was actually more interested in the politics than the art when i first played it a few years ago. I actually didn't play this game when it first came (i was busy with kisaragi gold star ) out but after i have heard that it was a drama ridden story surrounding politics, i got more interested.
I didn't mind a forced playing order, because Chisato's route was pretty important and like Relentlessflame has posted a few years ago it was the "base route" of the game.
Enforced playing orders in general (like Hatsuyuki Sakura or Fate/Stay night) are not bad if it's done well, but that is just my opinion

Quote:
In fact most scenes you see are Chisato NOT with Oojima (or not seeing the same thing like how Oojima sees a propeller and mask).
Reji and Moheji's scenes were completely kept intact though in episode 1, although the order of events were a little shuffled

Last edited by hyl; 2012-07-24 at 04:37. Reason: rephrasing
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote