View Single Post
Old 2010-06-15, 21:10   Link #11089
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Seriously though, with the way the story is structured, it's very hard to say which is a hint and which is a deliberate lie, and the amount of information to process is monstrous. Current English translation itself is twice the length of War and Peace. If you look hard enough, you can find hints to support almost any kind of theory, including the deliberately silly Orbital Particle Beam Shot.
Yes that was my point. It's way too easy to claim "there were hints to reach conclusion X", where such hints were absolutely indistinguishable from any of the other thousand non-hints and do not have a really logic relation with what they are supposed to hint at.

P.S: you weren't serious about "war and peace", right? I don't think umineko really reached that length...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfTwo View Post
Regarding the 1998 world, I am rather interested in the status of the chapel. When Ange goes to Rokkenjima she doesn't mention anything about it, nor is it shown, nor does anyone else mention anything about it. While it could be unimportant as Kuwadorian wasn't shown either, or it simply is unimportant. I find myself curious since the chapel is likely going to be a big point in the endgame.
Absolutely nothing is mentioned about the status of the Mansion, the chapel, the guesthouse, and the garden.

From the game we only have confirmation that the port doesn't exist anymore and that the path to reach the mansion is interrupted by a landslide.
Apparently Ange needs to climb down to proceed, but if she does then she can't go back.

There is a sentence that always bugged me, and was the main reason I always thought that there is really no Mansion anymore:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange
I'll be back soon. Today, our main goal is Kuwadorian. ......After I deliver this, I'll come right back.
She hasn't seen Rokkenjima in 12 years. The place where she's going is where her family died. It's the place where the unfortunate accident happened, which totally changed her life. It's also the place where she holds a lot of distant happy and nostalgic memories.
And yet she only wants to go there, deliver something, and then go back quickly to see the "main goal" Kuwadorian (where she's never been before).

Mansion apart, what about the guesthouse? Not any curiosity about the chapel? They don't even deserve a mention?

I really can't see any logic explanation except that the explosion destroyed all of them.

Think also about these facts:

-When Kinzo's books were auctioned it was explained that they survived the accident because they were in Kuwadorian. Hinting that the general public expected that no book could have survived.

-Eva was found in a far away place from the site of the incident. Even if an explosion occurred, why she didn't rush back afterward to look for survivors? At the very least she should have done that to look for George or George's body.

-A lot of bodies (if not all of them) are totally missing. A total disintegration of a body is not what you would expect from a normal explosion. And yet bodies are missing and it doesn't appear as if the fact is seen as strange, hinting that the kind of accident that happened can well explain why nothing is left of the victims.
If not, why such disappearances are accepted so easily? A single body missing, okay... two... three could still be understandable, but four and more? I'd be a lot suspicious if it were me.

-Ryuukishi said in an interview that the incident affected the terrain. He also affirmed that the fact that Kawabata was unable to dock at the port should have hinted this. (despite the fact the port is quite far from the Mansion).

-Ryuukishi confirmed that the Mansion's remains are missing.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote