View Single Post
Old 2011-02-22, 22:58   Link #8079
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Some people look at that and go "whoa angry sex" so...
That's crazy talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I think 'lay down the hurt' is different to 'KO without injuring them too badly'... after all, tasers are supposed to be 'safe' weapons that subdues but not kill (I don't know if that's really the case though - Don't know enough about Real-Life weapons here ). Mikoto was picking off people that isn't much of a threat to her (ie Hound Dogs), so wounding opponents or not in that circumstance isn't really much of a point?
(I'm assuming that magicians like Sherry or Stiyl would be able to outmatch a van full of Hound Dogs, and someone that might actually be a threat to Mikoto in a fight - Mikoto vs Hound Dogs is pretty much just a one-way beatdown for the poor sods fighting the Railgun)
The point is, despite the Hound Dog's killing intents, Mikoto is confident enough to handle them without needing to restort to fatal blows. So really I don't see where this whole "No killing intent equals hesitation equals easy defeat" comes from. And lets say she goes against an opponent than gave her trouble like... Kiyama? Again, no problem. So what if you're willing to kill? It doesn't automatically make you a better fighter, Touma defeated tons of people out to kill him and I don't see why Mikoto should be any different if faced with the same people.

Power Level in Toaru is funny that way, Sherry I can see her using her Golem as a shield, but as you can see Anti-Skill got her pin down using cover fire. Stiyl I think would have a bigger problem against guns- yes he got the 'fire' power, but a straight on fight? Fires don't stop bullets.

Anyway, those two can't match Mikoto if all they can bring is firepower. And From the Railgun manga we know that Mikoto can be just as resourceful as the others.