View Single Post
Old 2011-07-28, 14:37   Link #282
marvelB

^True dat, my friend. True dat.

Anyhoo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Here's something I thought about.

The WG showed concern over Whitebeard and Shanks forming an alliance. As one of the gorosei pointed out, Shanks isn't the type of person to instigate problems/trouble, so that fact put them at ease. It's also evident that the aforementioned 2 emperors enforced order in the New World.

However, with the death of Whitebeard, someone has most definitely come along to occupy his vacant seat amongst the Yonkou. I've said for a long while now that that person is going to be Blackbeard. Given how Blackbeard has shown himself to be traitorous and conniving, not to mention how he was the source for the trigger of the greatest incident to occur thus far, the WG will be keeping a close eye on his movements.

Now, what if at some point in the story, Blackbeard and Kaido share a common goal and decide to team up? I suspect that this alliance would potentially be far more threatening than that of Whitebeard+Shanks, because unlike the latter two, these pirates have malicious intents. I'm sure the WG would have the foresight to know that such an alliance can be disastrous for the world. Chaos and havoc would reign supreme.

So guys, any thoughts on this possibility ?

It's an interesting theory, but to be honest I can't really say much on it right now because we know too little about Kaidou at this point. We even know more about Big Mom than we do him, actually (her real name, her infatuation with sweets, her jolly roger, etc.....). I do sort of have the impression that he may be the most brutal of the emperors (the pirate equivalent of Akainu, if you will), but I can't say for sure if he or Big Mom would be willing to form an alliance with someone like Blackbeard, even if he were one of their peers......

Actually, I'm more interested in finding out exactly how much influence Big Mom had before Whitebeard's death. I mean, she obviously had a high status in the pirate world to begin with being an empress and all, but I just wonder how high her influence was when compared with Newgate, who was already considered to be the "father" of several pirates. Would those same guys who were allied with Whitebeard consider Charlotte to be their mama, as well.....?

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-07-28 at 16:14.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote