View Single Post
Old 2012-03-29, 14:21   Link #34
miketyson

I find him a bit unpleasant of a character and I don't generally like the "beast man" archetype but at least Kagura's an *interesting* character. I'd rather have interesting characters I don't like than boring characters I do like, especially on the "villain" side, so I have to give credit to his creators.

One thing about him is that -- especially when compared with Amata -- Kagura just doesn't seem to have that many possibilities for what he could *be* in the story. With Amata it's still wide open -- nobody? reincarnation? "minor character" reincarnation? descendent? -- but with Kagura it's hard to see what he could be other than (a) a reincarnation or (b) some kind of clone/"mumble-mumblde that split-off-from-Amata". Beyond that, I just can't see it; I doubt he's part shadow-angel, I doubt he's some random normal guy Mykage abducted (and did lots of cosmetic surgery on), and so on...so even though what he is is up in the air, the range of what he could be seems not that wide.

On that note: I wonder if we're being "reverse-trolled" by Kagura's "reverse" power. I'm sure it works as advertised, but I wonder if in fact he *isn't* talking in reverse. Instead, it's what he *wants* that's been "reversed" (from what the audience would think, at least), for reasons we'll find out later. (EG: I can kinda see him being a reincarnation who's tired of reincarnating over and over, and is looking to find his "Sylphie", die together, and thereby finally escape from that cycle...wanting that either "naturally" or due to Mykage's manipulations).