View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 19:20   Link #4643
kokolores

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
The fight with Sun Wukong wasn't even fair. It was a 3 v 1. You do realize that the subordinate gods he has are counted as his powers, right? It's because of the unfairness of the situation that Godou did not receive any authorities after he defeated Sun Wukong.Please mind that the fights we are talking about are one vs one fights that are fair--as in both parties are undamaged prior to the fight.Like I said, stop pointing to the fight with V-tan. He doesn't have that luck anymore. The tome is gone--and neither was that fight fair either--he assassinated V-tan.
Hmm, from what I understood the fight was fair. Sun Wukong was only able to call upon his subordinate gods because he was facing three Campiones. Had he only faced Godou he would have been weaker. Atleast that is what I understood from the translation on BT. Instead of fairness I'd say the fight was just too messed up and too ambiguous for anyone to gain a new authority. Each of the 3 Campione getting a third of an authority wouldn't make sense.

One thing I think which determines whether a Campione gains a new authority other than fairness is that the god has to entrust his or her power to the Campione to atleast some extent. V-tan did it and Circe does the same from what you yourself said. I don't recall whether that sword also made a choice.
kokolores is offline   Reply With Quote