View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 01:10   Link #4645
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokolores View Post
Hmm, from what I understood the fight was fair. Sun Wukong was only able to call upon his subordinate gods because he was facing three Campiones. Had he only faced Godou he would have been weaker. Atleast that is what I understood from the translation on BT. Instead of fairness I'd say the fight was just too messed up and too ambiguous for anyone to gain a new authority. Each of the 3 Campione getting a third of an authority wouldn't make sense.

One thing I think which determines whether a Campione gains a new authority other than fairness is that the god has to entrust his or her power to the Campione to atleast some extent. V-tan did it and Circe does the same from what you yourself said. I don't recall whether that sword also made a choice.
He is able to call all his subordinates without having ANY campiones around.He summoned his bros before Godou and co re-entered the area he was in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
If that was really the case Salvatore wouldn't be waiting for him to get stronger before fighting again. Athena and Luo Hao also expect him to be a big deal in the future.

Although a Campione's instincts are certainly useful, experience and skill play a large part as well. Both can only be obtained from participating in fights. Godou has been busy, but he still has a lot of room for growth with his powers.

From a strictly practical point of view, "farming" gods would make sense. 2 problems with that though. Heretic gods aren't that common, and for a moralistic person to just go around slaughtering heretic gods for their powers....Wouldn't that make him too much like Voban?
Salvatore sure didn't give Godou any handicaps. He went full power on him. If I am not mistaken, he even
Spoiler for vol 11:
. As for god farming, at the very least, he should have went to hunt Melqart again. We know that guy is alive, and there's probably more heretic gods like him out in the wild. As the moralistic thing, Godou should stuff himself. Before we got into the discussion of whether he could win without the Golden Sword, we were just talking about how pathetic and unrealistic his attitude is. Like I said before, when you become a Campione,you either get stronger or you are gonna get killed. He is the only campione who relies on subordinates, and we have discussed sometime earlier, gods do target followers. He seriously needs to farm gods. Voban's point of view is correct, the only problem with his method is that he doesn't give a crap about collateral damage. Just lure the god into the wild, or just have the area evacuated. Like I said, the Last King isn't going to be anything like the gods Godou have fought before. If he doesn't man up and get stronger, he is gonna die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
Mmm I dont know what are you discussing.

I think the topic is whether godou is strong or not.

And yes he is. That is the answer.
He's strong in a sense, but has too many weaknesses to be exploited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
If his sword becomes unusable who cares is just one of the many possible strategies to win against him. Some people say farm Gods. But he is not in a level to do it.

Alec mastered his first authority when? 3 years or 4 after becoming a Campione. Doni has the most simple yet easily the most offensive autorithy posible in all the world.
Most of the time, he NEEDS the sword to win. You obviously haven't read what I wrote earlier. The only times he managed to win or draw with an opponent is the fight with Lao Hao , Sun Wukong and his assassination of Verethragna. In the other fights,he was either killed or badly injured when he went into a fight with the other opponents without using the sword.

Remember what happened to Godou when he went into a fight with Salvatore without the Golden Sword?

Remember what happened to Godou when he went into a fight with Melqart without the Golden Sword?

Remember what happened to Godou when went into a fight in volume XIII without using the Golden Sword?
Spoiler for vol XIII:

Remember what happened when the Golden Sword was
Spoiler for vol 9:

Remember what happened to Godou when he went into a fight with Voban without using the Golden Sword and what would have happened if he didn't have it?I really wonder which one of his other avatars got rid of Vobans' armies?

Remember what happened to Godou when he went into a fight with Perseus without using the Golden Sword?

Remember what Godou
Spoiler for vol 10:

The Golden Sword isn't only one technique Godou can use--it's his trump card. It's been stated a lot of times.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-16 at 01:57.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote