View Single Post
Old 2010-03-24, 20:52   Link #6983
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachanox View Post
Forewarning: have not read EP6, but have read spoilers. This automatically denies me any authority on what I'm about to say.

I've heard that Kanon's relationships with everyone on the island seem to change dramatically. Genji and Kumasawa as father/mother figures, friendly Kinzo, nice Krauss, stern Natushi (for his own good), etc. Where did all of this come from? *Could* Kanon be writing the island-life he truly wanted to have? Or were we deceived up until now? I don't like this theory. What is DIFFERENT this EP for Kanon-X relationships to be shown differently?

Is the whole "without love..." being taken to a new level? Did these relationships not exist before Kanon realized his 'love' for Jessica, or did Kanon simply not notice them?
As far as I understand it's not just Kanon. If you go back and look at the woven stories between EP1-6 you have these character developments:

- Shannon becomes more assertive in her love for George
- Kanon overcomes his negativity and becomes human
- Maria lost Sakutaro but regained him

If each world was like kakera in Higurashi, this kind of character development (especially Shannon's) would be hard to justify. But from the authorial system in Umineko, it's merely the authors developing the characters, especially as they got to know more about them (through research, etc.)

Since you didn't read EP6 yet, this bit of spoiler should shed light on why we're talking about the authorial system ...
Spoiler for EP6:
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote