View Single Post
Old 2009-12-05, 20:48   Link #147
marvelB

By the way, I noticed that there was a little conversation before about Haki going on before my last post, so I figured I'd point out something interesting: In the SBS for volume 56 (the latest volume), Oda confirms that Iva's Death Wink is NOT a Haki-based attack (turns out a lot of his Japanese fans had the same ideas we had). It's merely a very powerful wink, and nothing more. I think this is as good official confirmation as any that not all powerhouses in the series rely on Haki-based attacks.

Anyway, since I'm talking about the SBS, might as well talk about some more interesting tidbits from there (off-topicness ahoy ):

-Oda answers another question that had kinda bugged me a while back: About how Crocodile was able to change back to his signature outfit in Impel Down. Turns out he got his duds back from the Newkamas since they were able to steal the prisoners' personal belongings from the jailers' storage room (BTW, that's also how Crocoboy got back his cigars. ).

-Remember when it seemed like Luffy was hiding behind Hancock's cape when they entered Impel Down together? Turned out Luffy was hiding up her china dress instead (!!!).

-A fan asks what nationalities the Straw-Hats would be if the series took place in the real world. Oda answers as follows:

Luffy - Brazil
Zoro - Japan
Nami - Sweden
Usopp - Africa
Sanji - France
Chopper - Canada
Robin - Russia
Franky - USA
Brooke - Austria

Hmm.... I find Nami, Robin and Brooke's choice of countries to be rather curious, myself.....

-Finally, did anyone ask for gender swapped Straw-Hats?

Spoiler:

...Robin freaks me out.....

Ah, I hope we get another fun SBS like this one for the next volume......