View Single Post
Old 2011-04-12, 05:44   Link #385
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
My bad, when I said movie, I actually meant the TV series-format reboot. And yes, the animation for the TV-original episodes were as good, if not better than the original OVA material. My slip there.
No problems . Unfortunately I'll never know because I couldn't bear to look at the screen for this story (Sorry the story was just ugh.... I couldn't go beyond emo boy in the water scene, and I think you may know what I am talking about ).

Quote:
Not every episode was action packed, that was true, but regardless of whether it was or not, it had good and consistent quality throughout. Really, you should pick it up to see KyoAni's rendering of none other than Hong Kong.

And I'm saying they did, in at least two instances. Don't believe me, pick the aforementioned titles up and see for yourself.
Well it's been in the back of my head to finish this series for the hell of it. Perhaps I'll check into it since you go so far to make such claims.

Quote:
Well, that's forecasting an unknown future, isn't it?
Hah, well I'm just throwing the idea out there. It could be that we may be spoiled right now due to KyoAni being a small studio with in house animators that produce very few series. In the future this may not be the case.