View Single Post
Old 2011-04-12, 13:42   Link #391
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Ah my mistake, I was actually not meaning this way, and I realize only now that this comment is nearly the opposite of what I was thinking.
What I meant is that I don't mind KyoAni stance because they are actually trying "new franchises", even though they are essentially similar due to the themes, whereas the industry is stuck with recurrent fanservice stuff etc.
Well certainly they are often much better than most generic studios out there. I would hope so considering their popularity .

I suppose I wouldn't really be here if it weren't for Haruhi specifically. The way they managed to provide such a refreshing and invigorating story to me, I'd like to see the same in other areas.

I mean since they boast a good record at adapting KEY VN's, why not try adapting a VN of another type? For example, I know you reviewed Sharin no Kuni Himawari no Shoujo and liked it, could they manage to adapt a story as difficult as that one? It seems to contain elements that they'd be good at expressing, but at the same time poses a unique challenge (It has many darker elements, and the main lead is often not the nicest guy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
As ascaloth already stated, nope, FMP TSR isn't fully action oriented, but still has a lionshare of it.
But the rendition of the fights are definitely on the high standards. The so famous lambdadriver scene is one among many... in fact, if you remember that weird "energy shield colliding" scene in the Cave Cricket episode of Haruhi 2006, you will realize quickly where it comes from
Heh. Well I guess I have no choice but to check it out. I only ever saw the first season that was made by Gonzo mainly, where I was left pretty uninspired in a lot of episodes, so I never went past that. I guess I'll go see if KyoAni can provide a better adaption .