Thread: Licensed B Gata H Kei
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-05, 10:33   Link #104
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
It can be hard for well-endowed women, from what I've seen. They do indeed have heat rashes etc. underneath, back pain from the extra weight, and then there's the matter of gravity (I suppose you could say the bigger they are, the faster they sag).
If this girl ever does make it to a bed, then pregnancy would definitely be a risk, and a very good potential plot element. Even if she is "responsible". I've known people who had been devoutly committed to protection, extremely careful, and that didn't matter. Condoms, jellies, pills, none of them are 100%; those methods that are absolutely effective are tend to be too risky for official approval. It would be interesting to see a show that actually deals with the slim but real possibility for things to happen in spite of proper protection. Of course, I can see why people might not want to show such things, sort of like bringing attention to cases where medications don't work.
Of course, pregnancy is not likely to become an element of the story for a long while at least, since it looks a bit like it might take her a few decades to manage to get a guy. It's nice to see a pretty girl that awkward, and to see an average guy get some chance with her. Normally it's either a bishonen or a perv who ignores social rules who takes the girl, and the average-looking guy who's actually NICE is left alone.
Yeah somehow I can't see pregnancy becoming an issue in the series. Since honestly while Yamada has that extreme goal I doubt she will ever reach the first time within the series. Series looks more to building up her relationship with Kosuda, maybe looking at why she has such an extreme goal, and having some laughs along the way. Just seems like a far too serious subject to fit into a comedy show like this one. Besides considering how she ran at the end of the episode I doubt things will go too far physically between the two.

There are definitely some mixed signals being sent. Nice for Kosuda to list how things were looking earlier in the episode. It really was tough to figure out what she was thinking. Should be an interesting combination of him trying to understand her and misunderstanding signals like the flashing of her measurement card.

Should be fun to watch the clash of Yamada's theoretical goals and her difficulties in the practical. She freaks out over a lot of things that are unexpected and even those she thought to have understood in her head.