View Single Post
Old 2017-04-12, 19:46   Link #661
Dr. Casey

- "It's disgusting how much she's corrupted him." Yeah, that puts me in the mood to go back and read Santa Magica once this is over, to see the old Jinnai again (and his old relationship with Tatsuya). Definitely a lot of good character development over the course of the three stories.

- Clever use of Honoka's weather control here.

- The brief interlude with Madoka, Bandit Keith, and Pegasus was pretty much just a string of comedy gold. I like how in Bandit Keith's mind, he's always in America no matter what.

- Google'd Elf Child May. That is indeed a cute girl, as is her flavor text/card description.

- "Doctor Casey's response was unprintable" Like I told you on Discord, definitely true to real life. Riding in a car for 30 minutes can give me a horrible headache, never mind something like this.

- Darthtabby is really cool in this scene. If he has zero anxiety about fighting giant mechs, I don't know if he's capable of feeling scared of anything at all (well, except for Moefox onii-chan doing cute things). Haak and Darth could star in a buddy cop story that would be the most manly thing ever written in the history of fiction.

- Very fun and exciting scene overall with a fun contrast between Darth and myself.

- The scene where Chika takes a detour to hug Riko before ending the match is something that could be really elegant and beautiful in an anime. I was always obviously joking during the Santa Magica and Fate Halloween/Night reviews about there being anime adaptations someday, but hey, considering recent Deep Learning/AI art advances, who knows what we can do in a few years. (I'm personally expecting some kind of fanime boom around the 2023~2027 range where homebrew anime starts becoming a more common thing and leads to new seasons for otherwise dead series... but anyway, back to the review)

- Ooh, Kasumi. It never actually occured to me that she would turn up in the story.

- That was a great scene, Jinnai's rushing into harm's way and his monologue afterwards. Gave me goosebumps, too.

- Wow, I didn't expect Jinnai to quickly wipe out Cell with one swift attack. That was really awesome.

- I don't know anything about Shadowverse, but yeah, Bandit Keith bullshitting and making it so that every single card is America-related is completely hilarious.