Thread: Battlefield 3
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-12, 18:42   Link #683
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I really dislike how IN YOUR FACE the premium premise is right now especially for someone like me who has very little interest in buying it.

Do we REALLY need to know that we where killed by a "premium player" in game and does the games main menu REALLY need a new "premium" tap on it in giant orange letters.

On top of that I'm forced to download a 2.8GB update (that undoubtedly includes one of the expansions) weather I like it or not.

Thanks Dice/EA =/
Sorry to burst your bubble but the 2.8GB patch was just that, a patch. 2.8GB worth of hotfixes . We Premium players had to download 2.5GB CQ patch today if we wanted to play the game.

Also even if it didn't say that in game you would know it based on their dogtags (if they chose to use them). And does the Premium text in battlelog bother you THAT much .

I didn't have interest in buying Premium either ; For the hefty 49.99€ cost with EA's '' Every currency is of equal value '' so US players get it for 49.99USD that is hardly 49.99€ -_-. But, I was able to buy it through a proxy for a mere 22€ (28USD-ish). If anyone is planning to buy one or more of the expansion packs later on there's no point to -not- get Premium.

As for Close Quarters .. it sucks. The maps are confusing and random. The Tower map was okay but CQ is not what I expected it to be, at all. Conquest Domination is ridiculously stupid mode where you win almost based on luck considering that you can capture a flag in like 3 seconds .. Well, good way to rack up points that's for sure but meh. It's also not helping that almost every fucking enemy uses a shotgun or otherwise strong weapon, and literally SITS IN A CORNER For almost the whole round .. Which means essentially that when you spawn and run out of the room, chances are you'll die within 5 seconds of spawning because of these camping ***holes.

I like TDM and SQDM a lot, but I still found these maps stupid for them.. Grand Bazaar will be the SQDM map always for me .. Until new DLC's at least.