View Single Post
Old 2012-08-31, 11:43   Link #59
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
... but the stunt was used as part of the promotion, no?
No argument here, but why would this offend us/the Japanese audience? We actually could have a good laugh about this as well and move on. I get that the Japanese are especially very sensitive about all sorts of things, but again, how does this negatively effect any of us? That's why I mentioned hidden advertising as one example, I could understand people being annoyed by stuff like the kamogawa incident, but this is something completely different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
And the two other seiyuus who made fun of him, and added salt to the wound, they have shot themselves in the foot as far as their careers goes.

Bottomline, it's callous, petty, tasteless and a colossal waste.
"made fun of him"? They laughed and made a few sassy comments on the show, I wouldn't take this completely serious and don't think they meant any harm by it.

I still agree that it was completely uncalled for and tasteless, but seriously, are all of you and the jap audience saints? Who doesn't enjoy some schadenfreude once in a while, it was a silly prank, no need to get upset. I could've slightly understand if it was a popular seiyu with a strong fan base or if it would affect the show negatively... But well, as I said the audience is probably just a bit over sensitive