View Single Post
Old 2009-10-29, 16:19   Link #1141
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
None of the high ranking non-pureblood vampires trust any purebloods, period. And Sara, another pureblood, supposedly killed her fiance - so what Kaname did wasn't any different.

I don't think it's Kaname's chess game, per se, but a chess game that all the characters in VK are playing, including the Chairman. The only two who may not be playing are Yuuki and Zero (and, three, if you count Yuuki's friend). But, by not playing the chess game, does not mean that they are not pieces of the games itself. As I see it, by not "playing", does not mean that Zero and Yuuki are any better, they are just simply letting themselves be pawns - easily manipulated and useless. Although Zero is beginning to get a hold of his own fate, which is good for him.

Sometimes the one moving the pieces are not doing so out of ill intentions, but, rather, move them in order to protect them from being killed by the other player. However, by taking up this role, he placed himself in a bad light in the eyes of the audience for the sake of those he wanted to protect.
I wasn't referring to Purebloods i was referring to the other Vampire Nobles. Just like in human society killing another is looked down upon the same in th vampire community. If the others knew that Kaname had killed another Pureblood to further his own goals their would be doubt within their minds. If there was nothing to it Kaname would not have had to hide what he has done. Which is why Sara used that opportunity to remind Kaname of his own sins.

The puppets may dance but the puppeteer may not always be apparent. Kaname achieved his primary goal of getting Yuuki back by his side and his chess game was a part of that, the fact remains that Kaname has too many secrets for me to trust that he has good intentions. He protected Yuuki but in the process left chaos in his wake Kaname seems to want things both ways and of course we know that is not possible. But it seems others are moving their own pieces that may and probably do conflict with Kaname's. Yuuki has been the ultimate pawn which is why i laughed when she said she was not the same its not true, I believe when Yuuki has to stand on her own with no help for the first time will determine if her character succeeds or fails, if we really want to see what Yuuki is made of we need to remove Kaname from equation just like how Zero was removed. Zero who was also a pawn has started to come into his own but the mysteries are far from over. Im certain there is another player in the game that we are not aware off that will offset the balance.

I actually support Zero's stance on PureBloods for the simple fact that he thinks Purebloods are the source of the turmoil in his world. He is wrong but i understand his reasoning. I think many forget that Zero is a hunter not a high school student anymore his job is to hunt vampires. His feelings towards vampires are justified. However he needs to break the cycle of hate or he will never find peace. Zero will never so easily take back the words he spoke to Yuuki especially with what just happened in the past chapter.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2009-10-29 at 16:49.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote