karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
The fujoshi market is weird.
同感!

Quote:
WHA?! Even Nakahara Mai needed to take part time jobs? And Ueda Kana. I thought they were well known enough to pay the bills. Just wow...Just makes me think how many seiyuus actually work in the corner convience store...

Popular male seiyuus have it easier then popular female seiyuus, since there are less male seiyuus. You pretty much see Kamiyan, OnoD and FukuJun like everywhere.
But most seiyuu have to work part-time when they start out. I remember a friend telling me ages ago that Ishida Akira used to work part-time too...and that she once met a seiyuu (I can't remember who, but it was a female seiyuu) at a cafe/combini or something. If they get enough work, then they usually stop.

There may be fewer (popular) male seiyuu, but there are also fewer good roles for them...at least in mainstream anime...

Quote:
Eh?! OnoD is only 31? I thought he was in his late thirties...Nakamura Yuuichi hasn't even hit the big 30 yet...Just shows how well female seiyuus can hide their age, I'm too used to female seiyuus looking younger then they suppose to be.
OnoD will be 32 in about a month, and Nakamura (er...can I call him Yuukyan, typing out his full name takes way too long!) turned 30 in February. IIRC, they celebrated it on the Macross Radio show, along with Kawamori-kantoku, whose birthday is also in Feb.

True, though there are exceptions, the men USUALLY look their age, which is a good thing (I'm with Yuuki Aoi - men start at 30!! and I couldn't care less about idols) Hehe...sometimes, guys here do indeed look older than they actually are though...

Quote:
A good role can often shows how skillful the seiyuu is. I thought Toshiyuki Toyonaga sucked till I heard him in Durarara, apparently it's because Katekyo Hitman Reborn sucked.
I'd never even heard of Toyonaga-kun until Durarara!!. Speaking of which though, Yuukyan's work in the episode 6 chatroom shows a pretty good range of what he can do. He definitely had the best "Kanra", until now that is Unfortunately for me, he generally does series that I'd never even consider watching, so it wasn't until Macross F and Gundam 00 that I actually knew who he was, and I don't really like those roles all that much...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote