View Single Post
Old 2008-09-02, 16:37   Link #1445
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
I'd like to see some evidence of magical snubfighters before I start pitting the TSA against dedicated space-bound forces, if it's all the same to you.
Especially those of us who utilize weapons that range from multi-megaton per shot weapons, to kinetic energy projectile weapons that are used at lightsecond ranges... to FTL torpedos that get used at ranges of several astronomical units with multi-megaton yields.

Dedicated space combat forces have a brutal tactical advantage in combat prowess over anything the cruisers have shown. Range, rate of fire, detection, manueverability...

There's a reason I keep calling TSAB cruisers 'golden guns'.

The golden gun being the single shot certain kill pistol from Goldeneye 007... that's how I see the cruisers.
They're guaranteed to kill if they shoot you... but if they miss, they have to 'reload'... And in the case of going toe to toe with dedicated space forces, who deliver swarms of heavy weapons fire... it's not a good position to hold that your only weapon is a golden gun when you're going up against a couple of machine gun nests.