Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-02, 20:54   Link #14234
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
I don't know how you imagined that, I never said they were separable, but are mixed, I think of it being more like how one would measure the PH balance of water. In this case the mix would be Human blood = Alkaline, and Vampire Blood = Acidic. So under normal circumstances it's in the middle, thus controlled. But his vampire blood can regenerate faster than his human blood.... It takes about 8 weeks (2 months) for a human to regenerate their blood back up to normal levels, were as it can take only a few minutes to a few hours for a vampire to regenerate their blood, and Tsukune possesses both of these aspects within himself.

But there is the thing that the last time he went ghoul, he was stabbed by the spider dude many times and bled profusely (R+V 2 chapter 5, pages 30 though 36). Immediately after, his power erupted and he quickly took that guy out.

The thing to remember, is that with stab wounds, even if there isn't much blood leaked out of one's body, internal bleeding is what kills many people, mainly those who are under the false impression that it's not as bad if there is little blood seen on the outside, then they keel over dead from blood loss because it just went into their abdominal cavity instead. And any doctor will tell you, that is still were blood doesn't belong, and there is no way of reabsorbing it back into your blood vessels from there either.

Not so. Moka stated the first time she gave Tsukune her blood that it's her source of power, and that she lost a lot because of injecting it into Tsukune that time (R+V season 1, chapter 10, page 32). But in Tsukune's case, he may get stronger slightly, but at the risk of his mental control. Thus for a pure vampire they get weaker with blood loss, with Tsukune's blood loss, the balance shifts more to his vampire side and those primal instincts that weren't trained into him come out, but even he would get weaker as he bled more until he dies. It just means that it's harder to kill him since he can regenerate his vampire blood faster. Though his mental constraints are also severely weakened because of the lack of his human blood while such a stressful battle goes on. Thus he needs the lock to keep his own mind in control while his normal blood takes it's time regenerating to pull him back into balance.

Indeed it did, but, what do you think all the other battles and his mental willpower to protect his friends has been doing to his blood that whole time before then? All this bit of training that Moka gave Tsukune did, was just accelerating what he was already doing with all the battles he'd fought before then. His battle with Hokuto was a prime example of this, and probably one of the best times his own blood was getting that notion of "protect thy friends from those who aim to harm them" beaten into it (quite literally, I might add), thus why his friend/foe sense was working so well during the second ghoul awakening.

One could say that Tsukune might have a second subconscious mind within him, but unlike Moka, it's not a second complete personality, but just his instincts that his vampire blood provides him. And as such he's been gradually training it to do his bidding and hold his values, kinda like how one would train a dog, or how a child would learn such things. Though the "child" is quite the psychopath.....
Well said, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
when is the next chapter supposed to be released?
I think it's already out, just haven't heard of any raws yet.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote