View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 11:48   Link #707
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm pretty sure the term "assault rifle" isn't that misleading: if it actually regroup all rifles that are semi and full automatic (as in, military design), well we have a pretty idea it is overkill for self defense.
As someone who's in the military, I'd like to say I have a pretty good idea what actual assault rifles are. Maybe for those who are unfamiliar it's hard to distinguish the differences, but what you're saying is pretty much akin to calling every automobile a race car just because they both have an engine and 4 wheels.

I mean, really? telescoping stock? pistol grip? BAYONET MOUNT!!?? one might as well try to join in a F1 race because you've got spoilers and body kits and neon lights on your Civic.

Quote:
Really, as an european, I see no damn reason why anyone would need anything more than a mere handgun. Do people really need rifles that have 30 rounds clip to protect themselves? That's no sarcasm, that's a genuine question: I really have trouble to imagine people requiring a rifle for that kind of thing, and of course, if there are hunting designed rifles around, sure why not.
I wish people would look at the big picture. Legitimate use of firearms is not reserved only for self-defense scenarios(during which btw, you can never have enough rounds in your magazine).

Quote:
But civil modded M16, AK etc? I really question the need for that, regardless for sports and even for more dubious reasons such like collections.
I'm really getting tired of this point, AR15 are NOT "civil modded" M16s, they have substantial mechanical and performance differences, and are designed for different functions and usage.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote