View Single Post
Old 2007-05-22, 21:51   Link #95
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
With both this episode and the last, I want so badly to comment on things like the individual jokes, or the progression of the timing and style of direction, but the words don't come.

I have noticed, though, that I focus less on the jokes because the overall atmosphere and ride in between jokes has become so enjoyable that I almost don't care, and when the jokes do hit, they have me doubled over. The show is utterly adorable. I get cavities just from watching.

My episode notes:
- I just can't determine if Konata is a creepy, disgusting otaku girl or a tremendously adorable otaku girl. She plays both sides so well I can't tell which she's supposed to be.
- I just can't imagine Miyuki singing that song. I already heard the ED to this episode, of course, but it just isn't processing. I can't even remember how it sounded. My brain has totally rejected it. It just doesn't mesh with the way Miyuki is performed. (The choice of song is very Miyuki, though. Although that personality trait in itself doesn't mesh with the moe image she's supposed to project.)
- Lucky Channel needs a change, BUT! Today's bit was gold. Not because of Shiraishi in ponytails (which was momentarily hilarious), but because this time we were thrown a curveball and it really worked for me, although I think it should have been shorter.