View Single Post
Old 2012-07-20, 17:41   Link #11
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
To me at least his acts make no sense outside of mental illness. No matter how evil a person might be he is still human and therefore his evil acts have very specific motivations, but this men killed a bunch of strangers on a cinema night. Unless some later news give us some kind of clue that the killings were motivated by religion, race, politics, vengance, whatever I see no reason to think this attack was the act of a sane man.
You've got it backwards, unless it's proven that he's actually mentally ill, he should be considered just as sane as everyone else.

You vastly overestimate the reason some people would need to go kill someone else. There are plenty out there who wouldn't give a second thought to blowing your head off for your watch, or the jacket you wear, or your phone, or just because they didn't like the way you look. They're all quite sane, they just don't give a fk about you.

Man are capable of horrendous acts, especially if something in their life causes them to lose their inhibition, but that doesn't excuse them or make them insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I highly doubt it would have been as bad as it is if he had any one of those weapons you mentioned.
certainly not the number of injured, as far as number of dead... it'd depend on how skilled he is.

it would've been far worse however if he had simply resorted to using explosives, as he certainly knew how to, going by what he did to his apartment.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-07-20 at 19:05.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote