View Single Post
Old 2012-07-20, 18:42   Link #16
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
You've got it backwards, unless it's proven that he's actually mentally ill, he should be considered just as sane as everyone else.
I call them as I see them. Meanwhile your judgement is motivated by revenge, you do not want him to live the rest of his life on a asylum, you want him to have the death penalty and since only in Texas the mentally insane are executed, his mental state will affect whther he gets a trial or not.

Quote:
You vastly overestimate the reason some people would need to go kill someone else. There are plenty out there who wouldn't give a second thought to blowing your head off for your watch, or the jacket you wear, or your phone, or just because they didn't like the way you look. They're all quite sane, they just don't give a fk about you.
All the examples you mention I can understand, they all have a motive and they gain some kind of profit out of it. But there was no profit for this guy in doing this, so until I read something that shows otherwise, this guy crazy, plain and simple.

Quote:
Man are capable of horrendous acts, especially if something in their life causes them to lose their inhibition, but that doesn't excuse them or make them insane.
I have lived long enough to know that better than you, but I try to be rationale about it, gimme the facts that point towards a rational motive for his acts and then I will say he is sane.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote