Thread: Licensed Sukitte Ii na yo
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-25, 11:44   Link #31
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
So I'm up to date with the manga of what's scanlated. My verdict?

This series is amazing. Haven't read a shojo manga this good since Bokura ga Ita and to a lesser extent Sand Chronicles, though I never finished that series. It's got everything I want in a shojo - gorgeous art, drama, comedy, great realistic characters (minus how they look - lol @ fabulous male lead) not afraid to deal with relationships issues such as sex, friends with benefits, cheating (hence the "smut" label, but really, this is in no way anything the level of say something Velvet Kiss level of smut) and with the right amount of "mushy" romance. Extremely impressed. In fact, if this ever gets licensed, I think I'll buy the copies.

Unfortunately, for romance purists (who want straight romance, without any deviations, misunderstandings, complicated drama), I don't think this a series for you. Was the same deal with Bokura ga ita (and the reason why it got a bit of hate from certain audiences), and it's pretty much the same here. But if you're a fan of drama with ups and downs, twists and turns, highs and lows, heartwarming to rageworthy, then this is DEFINITELY for you. Tyvm Deikan, you were right, this is top class.

Very much looking forward to the anime. Assuming this is relatively faithful, I'm expecting great things. And as Guardian Enzo said, screw the studio, it's all about the production staff, and with the Steins Gate director in charge, I'm expecting great things.

Although I'm skeptical, I think I'll give the other Dessert manga a shot to compare even though its a romcom.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-05-25 at 11:55.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote