View Single Post
Old 2008-01-15, 05:20   Link #131
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Actually, the anime is the first I've ever seen of Shana.
Whoops, sorry for the assumption then.

Quote:
That last passage reminded me of Haruhi. Heh.

Quote:
But in all seriousness, I guess everything is plot, and I'm just arguing that this is very hollow and boring plot. To me, it was just reiterating everything we already knew, save that something is wrong with the Reiju Maigu.
Okay, I can hardly argue whether you found the plot boring or not. Having you aknowledge that there is plot is enough 'victory' for me.

Quote:
Spoiler for Twins arc:

Granted, I misplaced some things and got some little details wrong, since I haven't seen that in a while. But, here is the plot of this last fight:
Spoiler for Fight 13:

Anything after that is plot in the story, as the fight was over.
Ah, that explains a few of our misconceptions. You see, what you just described is not what I call plot, I call that battle choreography. Plot is something that adds to the story as a whole, something that has longer term effects, but things like Shana's sword being taken doesn't really affect the plot in any way.

In terms of battle choreography, more happened in the twins fight, yes. But then the twins fight was also much longer.

Quote:
I would be shocked, as would anyone, to see that. However, after realizing that it's just an imaginary world and everything will be restored to the way it used to be, I wouldn't continue to go beserk. Rather, I'd keep a calm demeanor and wait it out.
When was the last time we saw Tanaka keeping a calm demeanor? For someone like him, the reaction was perfectly natural.

Quote:
Note that this is going to sound sarcastic, but I honestly do not mean it to be.
I'm sorry. I kind of forgot that ASuki isn't like the other boards I've been to, where people tended to argue with me just because they wanted to argue with me so that they could trip me up on one little thing and use it to discredit my entire argument. I'm just not really used to having an argument to somebody who actually believes their side of the story, rather than trying to play the devil's advocate in order to make me feel terrible. For my accusations, I'm sorry.
No offense taken, don't worry about it.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-01-15 at 07:28.