Thread: Licensed Junjou Romantica
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-18, 03:17   Link #24
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

ZOMG who cares about the first pairing, look at the preview for ep 3 : it's the Egoist pair's turn. O, Hiro and Miyagi showed up in Ep 2 too whee.

You want to know what I think?

The number of dialogue in one Junjou episode makes up the entire amount in a random yaoi manga. Yes, the boys do get into bed 3.5 seconds later after they meet. Yes, they have SEX, oh wow, how completely shocking, with the way some male viewers are acting, you'd think they're infected with homophobic cooties. It's a COMMON CLICHE in Yaoi-land, yes, YES, I know that, everyone knows that. BL is the genre that gets the most flack on this when so many other het shows has stuff like moe-alien girl coming from outer space and falls in love with dumb hero after those 3.5 seconds (even if they haven't had sex but srsly, how many of you guys out there who's sleeping around equate SEX = LOVE?). When it comes to Junjou R, I really don't care HOW they ended up, WHERE they ended up, WHEN they ended up. Being a fangirl, I'm used to stupid cliches. You may accuse me of not being sensible enough to care about characterization, but guess what, it is precisely their characterizations that makes me forgive their horribly bad lol!buttsecks. When it comes to yaoi, the characterization aspect alone is overlooked by hundreds of popular yaoi series in favor of hawt yaoi sex, and Junjou HAS characterization. This sets Junjou apart from its horrible anime cousins, the three Junjou pairs actually have chemistry AND best of all, the series knows how to make fun of itself, and for this, Junjou will be the only BL series which I WILL admit that it will be worth my time.

Last edited by cheesie; 2008-04-18 at 05:10.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote