View Single Post
Old 2013-04-26, 21:21   Link #230
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
I don't have an exact measure of this at the moment, but a good theory regarding cast members returning could be related to producers rather than studio. Some producers may have connections with certain seiyuu and have them in mind when pitching the series to potential staff members. It's all about connections.
Maybe, but it seems more 'prominent' when they're in a JC Staff show... I mean like- people immediately would link them to other JC Staff show... Do you get what I mean ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Any certain reason why they make veteran seiyuus be supporting cast and let newcomers take the leading roles? I guess it is to give them more experience or something I guess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
As for this, one good reason to use newcomers for main characters is the lack of typecasting a new voice has. Look at all the attention a character voiced by HanaKana gets just because she's voicing that specific character. People already tend to typeset that character before an episode airs. Using a new person means you're able to appreciate the character for the character themselves.
Some of them get more than experience- Starring in shows like these is how they got their big break.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote