Thread: Nintendo Wii
View Single Post
Old 2006-09-16, 00:40   Link #113
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Ha, I see the usual astroturfing like behavior from a certain poster..

Maybe some balance should be brought into the discussion. How come no one is talking about the expensive controllers? I know the console is cheap and is a great selling point. I'm not talking about muddying the enthusiasm or soiling the plusses, I'm talking about balance.
I did talk about the controllers...just that no one added to the "conversation" after that... =/ I said...and I quote,
Quote:
The pricing for extra controllers seems a little over-the-top though. I mean, I tend to be a solo gamer most of the time so it won't affect me so much, though occasionally I do play with other people...but even then 2 controllers are usually enough. But $60 ($40 for the Wii-mote, $20 for the nunchuk add-on) for an extra controller stings nontheless. I mean, if you buy the system and, say, your brother is willing to shell out $60 for a new controller for party/co-op games, I'd say it's okay. But that's not something that happens here so...well, I think a Gamespot editor named James Yu said it nicely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7
When it comes to PS3 and X360, I don't know which of the two I want. I will probably end up getting a PS3, though, even though X360 has some great games coming. PS3 will have MGS 4 and PS1 games via download. I'll probably get one of those consoles about a year from now, and get an HDTV in late 2007, as well.
Though I've been tempted by the 360 quite a few times over the past couple of months, I think I'm gonna stick it out for the PS3...too many franchises I like that are exclusive to Sony. But I think I'd probably end up getting a HD-TV earlier on than that...so I can at least take advantage of Progressive Scan on the Wii (none of my TVs are Pro Scan compatible... =/).
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote