View Single Post
Old 2007-06-02, 12:28   Link #199
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Cue the "Sun", in the form of our resident Sun King - Ascaloth. (I'm sorry Ascaloth, I just couldn't resist. )

Anyway, we should steer away from talking about one user and get back on topic before we incur Pelly's wrath, again.

I find the product placement in Lucky Star to be quite tolerable, not the "in your face" type like in the Truman Show as Vexx has mentioned.
Good idea concerning the on topicness, I'll glady second that, although my show still sounds more like heaven than anything minus a few details such as the anthem and my father. Let's leave it at that though.

Anyway, On the ads in Episode 08, I'm also kind of amused at how quickly I forgot this episodes anti-ad/otaku awareness/otaku life intervention spot where Konata was so desperate to take advantage of a sale she just heard about that she bought a manga volume she already had. Although she does almost feel like she's talking directly to the viewer when mentioning a product, kind of like Truman's Girlfriend when she had to do the product push. If I recall Kagami was there with her so it would have been funny if she pulled Konata aside and demanded to know exactly who it was she was talking to.