Thread: Licensed KimiKiss pure rouge
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-21, 12:14   Link #3880
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

And here I thought it was a feature, not a bug.

That's really the main reason why I loved this series. Instead of the main guy flip flopping between one girl or another for pretty much the entire series, repeatedly destroying whatever build-up they had for any girl by doing so, this show has Kouichi slowly but definitely surely growing towards Mao right till the very end. A great change of pace from your regular harem anime, or even from recent straight love triangles in order to 'avoid' becoming predictable. And for me, this series basically illustrates that being 'predictable' isn't a bad thing if it's well executed, just like with all other things.

As I quoted before in this thread, "There are no coincidences; only hitsuzen." Every seemingly tiny and insignificant event points, and leads to, a single inevitable route. Of course, there's red herrings to keep things unrepetitive (ala Kai and Yuumi, and even then they took part in pointing to this inevitable route), but that's pretty much what I have been taught to look/write for in a good plot.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote