View Single Post
Old 2010-12-11, 18:29   Link #1249
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
The summation of my thoughts on fandom bashing Relena:

I'm also wondering how they'll pull off her "hostile" persona for FT. People have to remember that Relena wasn't a goody-goody. Girl was a sharpshooter if episode 11 is any indication. She knows how to handle a gun. She grabbed one from one of her captors in episode 5 and had no qualms about aiming it at them. Makes me think she was trained in self-defense. She had Noin at gunpoint in episode 11. Also, she freaked a bit the first time Heero aimed a gun at her in episode 2 but she quickly adapted following the initial shock of that first time. Staring down a gun in your face is no mean feat. That kind of calm takes a lot of self-control. I think she had training. White Collar has one of their agent characters as being a diplomat's daughter, and she said it was standard practice for children like her to be taught self-defense. Then again, her fighting ability isn't her major strength; it's her political influence. However, if they're going to have her pilot MS, she did kick Kira's ass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK-9S0PXjBU

If she ends up pwning Heero in an MS battle, I will laugh so hard. xD
Relena changed though. Like, completely changed after she came back from her absence from the early episode 20's. By the time she was back, when she was narrating the first recap episode, she was completely different from how she was at the beginning til her last appearance prior to her return on the recap episode. Lol I just noticed that on the recap episodes, the first one was narrated by Heero and Relena and the second one was by Treize and Lady. *squee* The pairs that I support! xD

Anyway, about the Relena hate. Well they can hate all they want. She's a well-planned character and those who recognise how awesome she is will say she's also very well-written. Plus, her role! Any chick would want to be in those shoes! She started off as the Queen Bee who has her own fanboys and fangirls at school, turned out to be a princess, became THE QUEEN OF THE WORLD, and Space Colonies - whom everybody expected to be a figurehead, btw, but ended up turning the tables thus making you go "BURN you old Romefeller farts!". Heck, even Treize said she is stronger than Heero! And Heero admits that she is! She's surrounded by these 5 gorgeous young men who fight for her beliefs and... any way I look at it, there's also this wonderful classic dilemma that she is in: her brother and Heero are archenemies. And she and Heero have this star-crossed thing going on between them. And yet fate always brings them together [kinda gay when you say it like that but, ya know!]. Shizz my shipping aura is intensifying. LOL. Oh, wait, last... she comes in second after Heero in the CAST LISTING. SECOND! Not Duo, not Treize, not Zechs. RELENA. They hate on her because she's such a threat! OMG I sound antagonising now. Better stop. Everytime I talk about her I just get carried away! LOL. Anyway, go Team Relena!