View Single Post
Old 2009-05-05, 05:34   Link #1003
SimplyBill
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Yup

I mean, look at it from a storytelling perspective. Hata needs a deterrant to keep Hina from confessing. Back in the days of the ferris wheel, when Hina came clean with Ayumu, it was a feeling of "losing" if she were the one to confess to Hayate. Now it is a fear of rejection due to her "lack of frailty". The mangaka needs this to keep the tension up, and to avoid a resolution. Because if Hina does confess, and Hayate understands this as a confession, any outcome would have huge repercussions.

At the current point in the story, Hayate could only reply "no" or "not yet" at best (though it might be "eeeeeh?" too). Therefore, I'd expect Hina's trials before mustering up the courage for a confession to continue for a while ...
Well, I guess it will be okay for Hina to confess after 100 chapters and more developments.

There may be conflicts in Hata's mind on who should Hayate choose (if that time comes). He may be thinking a lot of factors like popularity and those factors seems to be the factors too on why the manga is so long. I hope they don't pull a School rumble ending on this.
SimplyBill is offline   Reply With Quote