View Single Post
Old 2012-04-13, 09:57   Link #1012
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0beit View Post
I have to disagree with this. It's a common theme in incest romance fiction from Japan. There's only a handful that do sidestep the issue (and usually they're comedies, drama writers want drama which leads me to..). It ends up building drama later down the road (it's already doing this now) and it's easy for writers to expand upon it and evoke emotions from the reader.

Sometimes it drives them apart, sometimes it doesn't but it's a common theme in literature.

Not saying it will be Kirino end but your point doesn't really stand when stacked against hundreds of stories where the issue is brought up. I'm not advocating Kirino end but I'm just saying that the issue being brought up means nothing one way or the other.
You're missing the point. Of course there are dozens of incest-related dramas in Japanese fiction, but we're talking about THIS story, with its well-known storytelling up to now. In order to create a Kirino/Kyousuke ending, you would have to have to do it

o against the explicit will of their parents
o against the knowledge of e.g. Ayase, who would not sit back quietly

Good luck creating such an ending which still matches the OreImo style. Give me a plausible scenario. I don't see it.

A) Kirino/Kyousuke succeed in convincing parents, Ayase and everyone else that Incest is hunky-dory. (Forget it)

B) Kirino/Kyousuke decide that they'll stay together against their parents' will, ignoring whatever Ayase might do. How's that supposed to work? Highschool kids running away? Lover's suicide? (Forget it - not OreImo style)

C) Kirino/Kyousuke decide to fool everyone and go the "incest undercover" route, pretending not to be lovers. (Does this sound like a good conclusion to the story to you?)

If you have D) or E), let me hear them. Nope: By showing clear massive opposition from parents and Ayase, the show has made clear that it will NOT go the easy cop-out which several incest-based romcoms used: By simply ignoring the backlash and pretending that everything is fine, as long as the persons involved are fine with it. They're obviously not.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote