View Single Post
Old 2017-04-12, 06:07   Link #62
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
I have to admit that lately I've become doubtful of any series with a very long name but this one was better than I expected. The MC is a bit too dense not to figure out what weapons were kept in the warehouse. Looking forward to the next episode.
You need to consider the background of that character. He's used to take care of children, like the ending shows. There's no way he would associate cute lively children with weapons like that. We can because we're watching a story, and maybe even read the synopsis talking about it, and not living it like Willhem.
Also even taking this in account, many viewers still didn't guessed that until Kutori explained it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
The title is pretty long, is there an official shorter way to call it? I did see someone in here calling it sukasuka but I'm not sure if it's something used broadly, though.

Nice insert songs, by the way.
There's two ways. The popular one is sukasuka indeed, that's what most peoples call it. The author tried to have another short name being used (shumatsuna) but it never really got popular.
The author is still using it though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Also, I didn't know trolls could be so pretty and kawaii. All the ones I kill in Skyrim are anything but.
That's because almost all trolls in modern fantasy settings are directly inspired from tolkien's trolls.
However, in legends, trolls/ogres weren't especially of inhuman appearance. As some peoples may have guessed from what Naigrat says this episode (about showing hospitality being another natural behaviour of trolls just like eating humans is), the trolls in sukasuka are inspired of legends of civilized human-like monsters, who live in a proper house (and not in some grotto) away from villages and town. Those stories usually tells about travellers carelessly finding themselves far away from town and villages when the night come, and asking for hospitality at an isolated house nearby. The peoples living in the house welcome the traveller, sometimes even giving him a real feast for his dinner, before eating him during the night after feeding him like that.

As such, it's obvious that such species that had a way of life based on getting mistaken for a human are going to look completely human.

It is also worth to note that just because a few races in sukasuka look like normal humans, it doesn't mean that their bodies are really like human bodies all the way, they just LOOK like humans.

--------------------------

BTW, in light of what I said just above about trolls in sukasuka, I saw a lots of comments in the previous pages complaining about the troll lady not being monstrous in any way. If you payed attention to this episode properly. You would know that this precise job was requiring a species that looks like humans. Grick said it very clearly in the job requirement.
So even if trolls in sukasuka were completely cliché tolkien trolls (like apparently many wished them to be, while complaining about cliché themselves, nice logic here), you would then have had another race instead.
Key word is "Disfeatured". Remember that name becaus eyou're going to see it regularly. It designs any race that have no external visible difference with the human species, basically they have no inhuman "external feature" (horn, different skin like frog or lizard, feather, no inhuman shaped head, no tail, no fur, no claws, no fangs, and so on).

So. Why are some complaining that the person that took a job specially addressed to disfeatured species is from a disfeatured species ?

Also if disfeatured is a word, it means in itself that there ARE several species out there that are disfeatured. And that just like the local crowd reaction in episode 1 has shown us, they usually have a hard time living directly in towns because of the backlash. So a job far away from everything like Naigrat got is absolutely perfect for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
OK, I already have a huge problem with this show. If everyone is in danger of being killed by horrible creatures and the only ones who can fight said creatures are these girls.... WHY THE HELL DO YOU HATE THESE GIRLS? WTF is wrong with all the other races?
Key word for answer here is "secret weapons". As it suggests, those weapons are, well, secret. And if they're kept secret from the public knowledge, then normal folks have absolutely no way to know that their military use disfeatured as part of their weaponry to protect them.
Furthermore, they have the "weapons" status, not "soldiers". Not sure that even if peoples knew about it, they would be nice toward a weapon walking among them.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2017-04-12 at 13:10.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote