View Single Post
Old 2009-09-28, 23:42   Link #1594
Shadow Kira01

Just completed 3 playthroughs on Gundam vs Gundam, still haven't decided which mobile suit I like the most yet. The soundtrack is awesome!! The battles are pretty difficult, especially the Gundam X and Exia. Gundam X doesn't move very fast and it takes quite some time to charge up the Satellite Cannon which have poor accuracy, not to mention that firing the Satellite Cannon also deems you defenseless. The Exia lacks ranged weapons but it is quite agile and the blades do heavy damage. However, when charging up against 2-3 beam cannons, its still a little too much.. The Gundam Dendrobium Stamen is pretty sweet in terms of its beam saber attacks accompanied by high agility but I don't like the dual bazooka as that its accuracy is also poor.

I have also been spending hours on Gundam Battle Universe, managed to beat 0079 era and is trying the EXTRA missions using the special Gundam that comes with dual bazooka and dual beam sabers. Currently, I find doing easy missions with SS rank yields quite a considerable amount of experience points required to ace the extra missions.

Aside from these games, I have yet to resume Growlanser V.. Once I beat that, I will start a new game plus with the undub version. Thus, I don't need to skip the prologue and risk getting that annoying glitch.

Still playing Ryu ga Gotoku 2, already 50 hours into the game.. The story is quite sad and of course, very interesting.. Quite a few twists..

Although I would rank the Ryu ga Gotoku series as my second favorite but actually... I like the story of the Growlanser series a lot more but its gameplay is nothing compared to the Ryu ga Gotoku, obviously. Then again, I rank Xenosaga as my favorite series, even though the gameplay really needs serious adjustments in the first two games. The speed of the mechas move so slowly..its annoying. You can almost say that the battles are mostly sluggish to the point that playing any game with lags would be much faster.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote