View Single Post
Old 2011-10-12, 11:14   Link #490
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, must say that was actually pretty good series. Sure there's some... let's say, 'confusing' things like Mist People don't really have powers over beasts (then how did Soyon save Erin?), how gullible Seimiya was (especially when she had linked Erin already towards the 'traitor Ial'), and the hypocrisy of Erin (I will never use whistle/beasts for war! No, never! >_>).... but overall it was a very enjoyable and entertaining series as a whole.

But man, first 7 or 8 episodes was BORING as hell (kinda like my favourite anime of all time, 12 Kingdoms in which it took that long to establish the 'hook'). Main reason why it took me like 2 years to cover them, but episode 8 and on was golden and marathoned it in 2 days. If it weren't for the fact that my friend keeps on dangling the carrot in front of me ("There's not one, not two, but 3 childhood couples, I swear!"), I'd never would've finished this series.

Overall, a highly recommended series for those who like an epic fantasy anime series that takes itself seriously. Very much unlike what is usually shown today, and I hope they'd show more things like these, because I know 12 Kingdoms (which is very much like this series in terms of atmosphere and themes) won't be going to be finished anytime soon.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote