View Single Post
Old 2012-05-28, 11:15   Link #124
Destined_Fate

That's what I've been trying to say, you've conveyed it much better than I have. This episode was extreely facepalm worthy because Amata kepy going on and on about wanting to resist fate and destiny against Kagura and Mikono getting together. Which makes no sense because if fate and destiny are to be taken seruously than she's literally destined for Amata and not Kagura who's a fake. So again, why did they even try to shove this down our throats? Is it that hard to admit that yeah, they messed up and Amata and Mikono getting together had nothing to do with fighting fate or destiny and are just meant for each other no matter who gets in the way.

Which doesn't explain why they spent so much time developing Zessica who embodies the whole fighting fate and destiny thing if they planned from the start for her to lose. Seriously, what are they thinking? Writers block? Panic over realizing that they've been contradicting their theme and made Amata into a hypocrite? And why did they degress Mikono and turned her into a glorified trophy? The journey was supposed to be about her actually doing something and becoming useful but this episode she was completely useless and has done nothing but get kidnapped again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
Harem-like relationship? Was there harem in Macross F movie 2?? LOL Errr :S
That's why I said harem-like because in the anime he had both girls that he did show an interest too. Than the Movie came out that phased Ranka out of the picture and was heavily Sheryl bias, than it ends with Alto.... Vanishing after saying what he really feels.

It seems like Characters in that situation just aren't allowed to pick or settle with just one without dire consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
Aside from Touma, who else can she be at this point? I'd prefer no one to give her love, even if futile, meaning. (Next episode, its revealed she's lolsylviapart2, and I find a desk and plant my face onto it in disappointment.)
They may just merge Amata and Kagura than Mikono and Zessica so they don't have to deal with the mess they've gotten themselves in. Which would only do MORE harm to the characters and negate the whole reason Zessica has been suffering since if she's part 2 than she's destined for Amata anyway.