Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-12, 13:11   Link #1282
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There are two assumptions for the officer that was dropped. If he had a useful function, he was just dropped into the lower room as punishment and will be back at some later date. If Dessler doesn't particularly care (someone can easily take his place) he was dropped from the high tower and died.

SBFBS will likely not change much in relation to Yamato 2199 as I don't think either Voyager Entertainment or Musashi Enterprises has any right to it at present.

My changes for the Battle at Pluto were because I didn't think a convention battle using the older Battle of Pluto (from the first rule book) would be exciting. Plus all the ships involved are about a centimeter long, so they wouldn't attract any attention. With the information from Yamato 2199, and the scale up of several ships (verses there old numbers in various sources) meant using something else instead of just the miniatures. But also meant changing the WDF sheets to reflect the new information to make the Yamato 2199 version of that battle entertaining and visually appealing (to attract players).

I will have to change the Gamilons again as the newer interviews stated the Gamilas don't have Wave Motion Shields....just some kind of coating on their armor that makes them mostly immune to Earth weapons. (Present thought is to take a page from the old Agents of Gaming Babylon 5 Wars armor rules and have the Gamilons deflect a part of every shot fired on them. But lower the amount deflected verses the solid six shields I have them with now).

The general design styling always had at least some World War II inspired designs in it. Aside from Yamato herself I mean. At least when it came to the Humans and Gamilas-Galmans. The Cometine and Nebulas were not so much World War II inspired, nor were the Dengail. The Bolar seem to be Soviet inspired but of the Cold War vintage.