View Single Post
Old 2013-01-11, 19:37   Link #3626
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Just a quick example: I was very recently tasked with clearing out a cave full of bandits (through a Jarl's notice), and while I was busy plundering it, I found - in a secret room - the corpse of a farmer that had been waylaid/double-crossed by the said bandits. The Radiant Engine told me to brings news of the man's demise back to his wife (she has a farm outside Riften if I'm not mistaken), but the problem is that meeting her triggered the quest to find the said husband. And from there on, no matter what I tried, I just can't talk to her and bring up the dialogue line wherein I notify her of her husband's death and she finally starts to mourn his passing. For now the quest remains unfinished. Because the line of events has been inadvertently bungled up.
I just completed this event and noticed something curious about it.

After checking the corpse of the farmer, I got the objective of reporting this back to his wife, but after checking it a second time I got a new objective saying that I had to report the dead to the whole family as well. Nothing happened after talking with the farmer's son, but informing the wife did cleared both entries in my log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I have both successfully done the farmer's wife missing husband backwards and forwards ... AND had it fail both ways. yeah, its just very fragile.
Not sure if getting the second objective helps, but I though I should mention it here just in case.